Golden Leaves promise to deal with any complaints professionally and as quickly as possible
We always endeavour to offer the very best service and provide accurate and useful information. If you are not satisfied with any part of our service or with the products you have purchased, please get in touch so we can try to rectify the issue as soon as possible
If I have a complaintwhat should I do?
Your first point of contact will be the member of staff that you originally dealt with. They should be familiar with your case and may be able to clear up any misunderstanding.
If you remain dissatisfied you may wish to raise a formal complaint. You can do this by e-mail, telephone or you can put your complaint in writing.
It will help us if you can
- Provide any details or reference numbers (e.g. plan, funeral director etc).
- State your case clearly and include relevant dates.
- Send copies of relevant documents, please keep your originals for your records
Golden Leaves is registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA) and we fully support and adhere to its rules on complaint handling.
How we will deal with your complaint
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 7 working days of receipt.
- We will tell you who’s dealing with your complaint so contacting us is easier. This person will be a trained complaint handler not directly involved with your case before the complaint.
- We will fully investigate your complaint and send you a reply confirming our findings. We’ll clearly explain the reasons behind our decision and what action we’ll take to put things right, if appropriate.
- We will look to send you our final response within no more than 20 working days from the receipt date of your complaint. Should we be unable to do this we will contact you to clearly explain the reasons for any delay.
What to do if you are still not happywith the outcome
We want to resolve complaints to your satisfaction whenever possible. If we can’t reach agreement with you, you can refer your complaint to the Funeral Planning Authority. Please note the Funeral Planning Authority deal with complaints pertaining to funeral plans only and not for example, funeral directors themselves.
The Funeral Planning Authority is an impartial adjudicator and provides a free, independent arbitration service for resolving disputes within the funeral planning sector.